River Safari with Jiawei!


It's been awhile since I blogged- again. Heh... Oh well!! This will be a reaaally long post with loads of pictures even though I have no idea why I'm doing this when I already uploaded all the pictures on facebook but whatever ha.



All the pictures will be either from me or Jiawei! Both instagram and camera! Hehehee.

Went to River Safari with Jiawei last Thursday, 12th December 2013! It was both our virgin trip there and both of us were really excited!!!


We ate Mac Breakfast before heading to Woodlands to take the bus to the Zoo/River Safari/Night Safari area. Let me show you an unglam picture for the first picture of this post HAHAHA.


I swear this is the first picture on Jiawei's camera! LOL TSK.
Eh tired you know! Since the both of us woke up quite early to have breakfast~
And Jiawei was so excited that she woke up at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep omg.




The first two pictures on my camera ^^ We were on the train here! 
Jiawei and I wore the same piece of top but different colour! Hers was black while mine white. 
We were really excited about wearing this garment together muahahahahaha!


Oh, when we were waiting for the bus, we thought it was weird that this bus stop had 2 bus number written on them. And we took a closer look to find out that the bus we were gonna take was only available on the weekends!!! WHAT THE HECK. So we decided to take cab there instead since we don't want to waste more time trying to find out how to get there tsktsktsk! 




Anyway, I was really broke so I practically had to borrow money from Jiawei for everything except for the ticket to River Safari. :( It sucks being broke...serious.
Taxi was paid by Jiawei though, she said it was okay.. I really owe her so much!! :'(





So anyway, we finally reached River Safari and while queuing for the tickets, we met a really rude kid. I was really absorbed by the videos from the TV near the counters, that I did not filled up the gap while queuing. So this girl, aged around 13 or something, said "EXCUSE ME" in a really RUDE tone. And honestly, sometimes the word "excuse me" can really sound SO DARN RUDE. 
So of course, I apologised and afterwards got really offended. Hello miss we're all in a queue not like anyone is going to cut your queue!!! (the queue was fenced) WHAT'S THE FIGGING RUSH? If you're not coming to River Safari to enjoy yourself then don't come at all lah!! THEN I WAS LIKE WAH. HAVEN'T EVEN BUY THE TICKETS AND ALREADY GOT PISSED WITH HUMANS. ARGH!! SUCH JOY KILL. 
The girl was pushing a baby stroller and near the end of the queue, she pushed the baby stroller SO NEAR THAT IT HIT JIAWEI'S FEET AND SHE DIDN'T EVEN APOLOGISE OR MOVE BACK. WHAT THE HELL............ Argh! 

But okay, enough of the complaining tsk. Jiawei was like "okay after we buy the ticket let us all forget this happened ok don't let her spoil our mood" haha! 

The tickets!!!! So pretttttty~ 


Of course we have to take picture with the sign like a tourist right?? HAHA. 
It's so obvious that this is from instagram hahaha

After we took this on Jiawei's camera, got a lot of people just cut our queue and snapped their own pictures. Maybe I shouldn't have let them first hais. 


On Jiawei's Instagram! 
So her picture is far from perfect thanks to those two kids cutting our queue. WE HAVE OUR CULPRIT. 
Oh, the blue shirt boy there? He was another one of those that were annoying to the max, 
blocking our way and talking super loudly... Maybe I'm too difficult to be satisfied but really, so many people getting on our nerves!! 


The brochure! There's a very detailed map of River Safari inside, and we were fooled thinking that it was huge lol! But it was really pretty! ^^ 




I think due to the fact that it was still pretty early, a lot of the animals were either sleeping or stoning or back facing us like these animals! 
I knew they were sleeping cause Boston sleeps like this too. I think birds can turn their heads 360 degrees man so cool

See! They're all like this I swear! Haha. 
And I didn't realised there was another turtle there LOL UNTIL I REVIEWED THIS PICTURE CAMOUFLAGED SIOL

I think the glass of all these were special I think. Because it was REALLY very clear and you could see everything inside as if it's a high definition moving pictures! 
It's so clear that it gives you headaches, if that makes sense... 'cause the glass was kinda curved..? Hmm.


They had really interesting information like these!



I actually took pictures of A LOT of animals when we were in River Safari. But couldn't take all of them cause there were tons of people sticking their faces to the glass of the animal's exhibit lol. And really, not like my blog is a wiki to all the animals inside~ It'll be much more fun if you go in there yourself and see all the animals! So yeah, I won't be posting pictures of the animals unless they're really funny or weird or something hahaha~


The views were really nice~ ^^ 
Even though I think there's too many trees on some parts and block the whole view. Hmm. 



OH OH OH. THIS ALLIGATOR WAS HUGEEEEEEE. 
I know that you can't tell even if I took a pic so I asked Jiawei to stand near it to show the size. 

IT IS LITERALLY THAT SIZE. 
OMG IT STILL ISN'T AS WOW FROM THIS PIC BUT IN REAL LIFE IT'S LIKE "OMG IT CAN JUST EAT ME JUST LIKE THAT"


Big fish hanging~



Look at how miserable this fish is :( DAT FACE

The way stingray swims is really pretty! Their side kinda ruffles~ ^^


Loner

Okay I'm really childish but LOOK STINGRAY BALLZ HAHAHAHA.




Without realising, we already reached the Giant Panda exhibits!!! 
This was like the MAIN REASON WHY WE CAME HERE EHHHHHHH. 
Because the map was so detailed, we actually thought that it'll take at least a few hours to reach here, but nope, probably only one hour or less than that! Hmm.




JIA JIA! JIA JIA JIA WEI. SO OF COURSE I FORCED HER TO TAKE PICTURE WITH IT SINCE I'M SO IMMATURE HAHA.










AND..... THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.....

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


DA PANDAZ!!!






Ya. Not joking. This is basically what I see. LOL. ALL DEM BAMBOOZ. 
Oh such clear image of them bambooz.


Here's another one!

OH OH CAN YOU SEE THE PANDA HEAD? LOL. 



Ya. Sadly, this was what we saw. Because there were so many people and they all took the nice spots. 
This one is Kai Kai, who is more open and was eating happily behind the trees and fences.

Before that we actually saw Jia Jia, the female panda who is very shy. 
SO OBVIOUSLY SHE WON'T EVEN COME OUT LA WITH ALL THOSE PEOPLE TALKING AND SQUEALING LOUDLY. WALAO. 
She did walk around, but she was walking around at the back where no one could see so everyone was kinda waiting for her to come out. But once she did, everyone squealed so loudly that she walked back -.- waaaa.

Jia Jia walking around, and finally coming out before she's threaten by the squeals.
Awww so cute and CUDDLY.

Ok now it's spot Jia Jia the panda time. LOL. 
That's her comfort zone~ 

The food that they were gonna eat that day! :B





There were these Red Pandas too! They don't look like pandas though!
Looks so cuddly too!! 

Trying to take good pictures of them pandaz~


Here's another interesting infomation! ^^

Hehe cute paws!
Okay not cute since kinda big but still~


Afterwards we walked out, and there was the Mama Panda Restaurant!! 

Over there! ^^ 



But we didn't eat there...yet! Since we weren't hungry and thus decided to walk to the end of the River Safari and walk back. Plus Jiawei had to withdraw money for Mama Panda Restaurant after paying for....

THIS!!!!! HEHEHE IT'S SO CUTE. 
We realised that it was actually in the shape of a bamboo!! 
Mine was mango while Jiawei's was lime!




Even though I think it tastes okay, and the cover is not really secure plus the straw can slide out of the hole easily, I think it's so adorable and at least it's a reusable souvenir! ^^

I'm actually using it now, and finds out that drinking with a straw helps you to consume plain water without making you feel bloated easily! HURHURHUR
Okay maybe it's just an excuse but really, just today I already drank from it 3 times and it's probably 500-600ml! SEE. 

But yeah lah Jiawei and I had to carry it around so that it won't spill and all...... A little bit inconvenient. I wonder how many people spilled it when they bought this! Haha. 



Haha ok confirm sick of all these pictures already but HEY BOTH OF US LOOK QUITE GOOD IN ALL THESE PICTURES SO..... TOO BAD, IT'S MY BLOG. HA.



Really nice river~ They should let us ride a boat or something haha.

I kinda asked her to stand there for me haha CAUSE HER HAIR IS REALLY SO PRETTYYYYY. 





Half way through there is this monkey place.. 
Where you could go in and see monkeys without any barriers!


They're really like mini humans!!! Really cheeky too!!! 
Jiawei and I were squatting down taking pictures of this little guy when....

THIS GUY SAT ON THE RAILING ABOVE JIAWEI, AND KINDA GRABBED JIAWEI'S PANDA STRAW TIP! O.O 
I actually saw it with my own eyes and was like "WOAH JIAWEI!!" Super mischievous!! 
They move reaaaaally fast and loves to scare people I think as they keep walking on the railing! 

On da move!
They were really cute though I kinda want to spend more time inside!!



Hehe took a picture of the straw's ornament cause it's so pretty. Actually, $7.90 for this ornament and the bottle is considered not bad, right? Hehehee ^^



And after this, we went into a dark dark place...


...and saw Jiawei's favourite fish on the planet!!! 



They're actually very very pretty! Even though I thought they'll look scary with ugly teeth like this kind 

Picture from https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZksk4dE6UjWcm1jD0NY-mkWRIUdgLD0Ep43YnZN4UoFqU6GjRHufOCtLd-mpdIl00XZDDEJ4Avm6jHxV1T0JkaiV81BqRULotEBa4lj_XhlNHkGWjuprbh6vqSdwl0nYWKriX3ez01sQ/s320/piranha.JPG

but they actually look like this!!
Really pretty! ^^ Imagine you were BORN WITH GLITTERS ON YOUR BODY WHUT.


But they really look like they've got no teeth though~

Hmmm. Kinda funny look from this point of view! Like some old granny without teeth hehe.


The reason all of them are like so still in the picture is because they ARE not swimming much at all!

They're just floating around~ Occasionally kinda fight with each other~ And that's about it! 
They kinda stare at people too lol. 
But overall just really stunning! Hehe. 


This fish is like emo-ing at one corner haha! 
Kinda like thinking why is it there and why is people pointing multiple rectangle things at it and waving to it haha.



We walked into this place where there was HUGE aquarium of some sort? Here's a seal swimming in the mist of all huge mammals~ 

And even on top there's some stingray! 

I think the water's refraction from the top made all these shiny glittery lights on the floor that "moves". It was sooooo gorgeous! :>



I really love this place!!! It's all bright and makes me feel like I'm really under the sea or something LOOK AT DEM LIGHTS.

It's those "moving" refractions/lights again!!!!! Hehehe. This time much clearer too~ Hehe 





After all these, we got back to the entrance! Jiawei withdraw the money needed and we head towards Mama Panda!!! hehehehe!!

Since the ATM was outside River Safari at the entrance where we have to get the tickets, we got the chop for re-entry! ^^ 


To both of our surprises, it's like Mac Donalds or KFC! 
We honestly thought that there will be people coming up to you to serve you or something but nope~



Jiawei queuing! 
I think that it took quite a long time sia. The service was kinda slow...

Here's another picture featuring Jiawei's hair~ Really very nice right omg.


All the food Jiawei ordered.

This is really nice I think. And the prints were so adorable! ^^ 
The cup was HUGE though heh~




The "MUST EAT" Panda Buns!!! 
The one with white eyes is Red Bean flavour which I ate since Jiawei doesn't like it, 
and the one on the right is Chocolate Mustard flavour! 
I think Jiawei's one tasted better but I thought it was kinda sweet. Mine was....normal, to my disappointment...

Had to take a few bites before I reach the Red Bean paste.. 
Even though the bun itself at least was kinda fluffy and you won't get sick of it so it's a plus.

It's kinda well-made though and very themed~


This fried wanton was the best out of everything in my own opinion!
Cripsy, fresh prawns, saltiness is just nice~ Really tasty! ^^

This was horrible. LOL. Sorry to say... Jiawei and I took a sip and we just left it there....
To be fair, it did say that it was some Sichuan soup thingy so maybe we're just not used to it and maybe it's tasty in terms of sichuan dishes.. But totally doesn't go well with our taste buds so... 


I think this was not bad? Even though the ergonomics was pretty bad cause it was hard to make sure we can get the food without spilling everything around.... LOL.
Jiawei said that the mushroom was really tasty, even though I didn't taste it since there's only ONE mushroom~
The meat was kinda plain I thought, and the sauce too.. So... Kinda disappointing even though it looks delicious~




The desserts was a big turn off sad to say.. 
The left one was supposed to be some lychee soy milk thing? And the right side is mango something~



I didn't dare to eat it but I tried the mango one first. It was okay, but since I dislike milk taste, I didn't like the after taste even though it's not that bad. THE LYCHEE ONE. UGH. 
One taste, and I wanted to vomit to the after taste. Really. It's like the most awful thing you hate in the world all summed up together and then you taste it. 

This was the bite I took. And it was so so so terrible. To me at least, a person who can't stand the smell of milk/cheese/toomuchbutter. 



So yeah basically.... The food at Mama Panda was disappointing. Which was really sad cause I was really looking forward to it... :( 



After Mama Panda, we decided it would be time to try the Amazon River Quest thing! Which was a new ride in River Safari! We thought we were really lucky to go on one of the days where the ride is ready! ^^
We actually wanted to queue for it before we eat at Mama Panda, but they said it will take 2 whole hours to finish queuing so we decided to take it after eating. When we came back, the queue was still around the same length! We kinda thought that it wouldn't really take 2 hours right? Maybe they're just trying to scare people off LOL! But in the end yes... It took around 2 hours..... 

SEE THE QUEUE OMG. By this time we were actually halfway, too~


But we did make sure we won't get bored while queuing! :D BY CAMWHORING. HAHAHA.






Wah you can actually see how much different our camera is haha~ Hers is so much clearer! ^^



Jiawei actually took such a nice picture of me! 
I really wasn't aware of it and was really surprised how it turned out- unusually quite good looking heh.


After awhile, we discussed about something and she showed me some video, and I mentioned that I wanted to watch this show call "海派甜心", "Hi, my sweetheart"! And she just did a search on youtube and TADAAAAAH. All the episodes are there!!! YAY YAY. 
We watched half of the first episode I think! ^^

And of course, I'm still watching it now! I know I'm super slow since this show is like a few years ago~ But at least I'm watching it now! LOL! It's niceeeeeee, even though sometimes makes me rage LOL.


Another nice picture of me! Heh~ I got so many potential display picture thanks to Jiawei! Haha! 
I'm really kinda shocked that I looked not bad in all the pictures eh. I guess confidence really place a huge part~ 


Here we are trying to imitate Da Lung/Da Lang in the show! Hehe. 

Picture from https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiNAjOBcIMIHvm3yUI3WO-2Iv5Mcw1ZNPj9-6St4qIEz1TT9kEHx5ZNEsBth2xtXPeJBm7xvjQCKv9KW6D4lEhlndy77udo-nncnOY4awj-hOcaIrYgAf3P6PmR76Y2JOCTnj15qA9bF54/s1600/Sweethearts.jpg
The protruding lower jaw hehe. 







Halfway through Jiawei talked about llama and she say I imitate them well so she took all these picture AND DID THIS LOL!!!! Tsk! 


We got to the point where there is the height limit thing and look at this...
LOL, heng I'm a little bit taller huh otherwise I'll need a parent to go on the boat with me -.- TSK!



So finally, after two whole hours, we managed to get on the boat!! We got the front seat, though in the end it wasn't a very nice experience cause when we go down a "slope" it kinda splashes water... 

From the queue! They will actually lift the boat up to the top! Kinda cool!! 



The rows of seats~

Finally on the boat after two whole hours omgggggg.


When we were being lifted up! The light is where we will begin our journey~ LOL.


This is the part... the first splash..... Though it looks ok BUT IT SPLASHES OK TSKKK.

There were a lot of animals here, but in my own opinion it was going pretty fast.. Like, after you snap a picture, and turn to look for maybe 3 seconds, GONE

Looks kinda lonely~


This was the only one where we could actually see the animals clearly~ Hehehe so pink! 


Jaguars! Too bad it wasn't very clear cause it's back was facing us and they were just slacking, not even walking.... Not very exciting.

I thought this curtain thing was kinda nice though HAHAHHAHAA. At least I got something out of this I guess- FUTURE HOUSE INSPIRATION LOL.

Hehehe I really like it sia hehe!



While on the boat! 



Annnnnnnnnnnd, that was it. YA. JUST LIKE THAT. REALLY LIKE 10-15MIN. AND WE WAITED 2 HOURS FOR THIS........ Haha I kept stressing on it but really~

Oh well, at least we tried it before~ It says complimentary ride though, so it means that people will have to pay in the future? So I guess at least we got the chance to ride it for free~ 



After everything, we had walk back to the entrance, and this time we walked out from the Panda side~
In the end, THERE WAS BARELY ANYONE!!! AND THE PANDAS WERE OUT!!! HEHE.



This is how Pandas eat! Really, they're just like tasting the bamboo lor I think doesn't look like they're chewing it!!! XD



And here you can see how pandas walk~ They shake their bums so much hehhe sway sway sway~


Here's a picture of a panda's private part for your pleasure. HA



So glad that we went back! And I was able to insta-video these moments!!! 
And actually really, by 4pm - 5pm there's not much people, and don't have to squeeze with everyone! The place we came in was basically empty!!! Tsk! 

We went to the souvenir shop but there was nothing we think it'll worth the price so we took this picture and left HAHA. 
I still remember how to staff stared at us but didn't say anything phew~



After spending all our day at River Safari, Jiawei and I headed to Beer Craft! We found out that there's actually a coach bus to town area, especially Little India! So we took it!

Yeah, it's 5 bucks.. But okay lah at least it's a straight bus there and we didn't have to wait time trying to figure out how to get there from River Safari~

It was a pretty long ride, and the both of us fell asleep! 
Jiawei woke up halfway and attempted to take pictures of me sleeping with my mouth wide open BUT I WOKE UP HAHAHA. HEH~
This was the aftermath! 


Yep, this is me saying "Velcome to Beer Craft~" Haha! 
And yep! That's Junyuan! :D Hehee. He helped me return Jiawei the money I owed her so now I owe him~ I really owe him a lot of money now but I SWEAR I WILL DEFINITELY PAY HIM BACK! :(


We ate dinner there together! Hehe. :D 

He was trying to figure out how this top works and whether the inside is attached to the outside...but it looks like he's just flipping up my shirt! Hahaha! XD


One of the main reason Jiawei wanted to come here was because she wanted to see Mr Lim whom she hasn't met for like at least 2 years!!! Hehe. So of course I'll ask them to take a picture!! ^^

Mr Lim bought cake for everyone around and gave one piece to us too! ^^ hehe! 
Jiawei was saying how she wants to eat dessert and then Mr Lim came with this! :B






So basically, this post sums up the day with Jiawei at River Safari. ^^ It was a really relaxing day, being tourist-y and all! And afterwards, a chilled night at Beer Craft. I had loads of fun and I know Jiawei did too, and even Junyuan! Hehe. <3 nbsp="" p="">

These few days were really great, just relaxing and all. I finished up a couple of long due crochet project orders, and still have one or two left! Can't wait to finish them all and start on some more! ^^ I still haven't blog about the crochet patterns I have, cause I'm still unsure of how should I do it.. I do hope I can get them done before school resumes! 

Gotta have a good night rest tonight, and wake up early tomorrow! Hehe. 






0 comments:

 
All rights reserved.© 2014 DoubleOXM. Powered by Blogger.